PhD Program Structure (Courses)Components of the PhD Program:
To the teaching component is assigned with 60 ECTS, and the research component – 120 ECTS.
Mandatory courses of the teaching component:
- Academic writing -5 ECTS;
- Teaching and learning methods – 5 ECTS;
- Qualitative methods and research design in European Studies - 5 ECTS;
- Assistance to Professor – 5 ECTS;
- Advanced European Economics - 5 ECTS;
- Two seminars presented to the audience - 20 ECTS;
- Quantitative Methods/Applied Statistics with SPSS - 5 ECTS;
- Advanced EU Law - 5 ECTS.
Other courses are elective and are as follows:
- Comparative Course on EU (Supranational) and UN (Universal) International Organization - 5 ECTS;
- Electoral Politics in Europe - 5 ECTS;
- Idea of Europe - 5 ECTS;
- Assistance to Professor – 5 ECTS.
The individual educational plan is elaborated by The PhD students within the framework of the general university scheme that is to be agreed with the scientific supervisor and the head of the PhD Program.
The research component covers preparation of two colloquiums in total of 40 ECTS (20 ECTS each) as well as the preparation and defense of PhD dissertation that counts for 80 ECTS.